French toast
Topic: How to make French toast
What do you need
- Bowl (20cm in diameter)
- A frying pan (18cm in diameter)
- A Cooking chopsticks
- Kitchen knife
- cutting board
Ingredients
- Three slices of white bread
- Two eggs
- Milk (150ml)
- Butte (20g)
- Sugar (1 tablespoon)
- Vanilla essence (3drops, about 0.3g)
- Cinnamon sugar (2 teaspoon)
- Vanilla ice cream (200CC)
- honey
Many people think that the origin of the name of French toast is France in Europe, but actually it has nothing to do with France. In 1724, American liquor store owner Joseph French named the dish after himself. However, the dish "French toast" itself was not born in the US, and it has been confirmed that similar dishes have existed in various European countries for a long time. By the way, the name in France, which is often thought to be the origin of French toast, is "pain perdu" French bread tends to harden in the sun, but by soaking it in the seasoning liquid, the hardened bread can be softened and revived. From this meaning, it came to be called "pain perdu". Therefore, unlike Japan, it seems that there is an image of a common dish.
I used to eat French toast that my grandmother made for me when I lived in my hometown. French toast can eat breakfast and lunch and also can eat sweets. Moreover, it doesn't take long time to make. Therefore, that can be easily to made. So, when I was the child, I used to make French toast with my grandmother. And my grandmother changed the taste depending on my mood. When I want to eat very sweets taste, she put in the sugar and put on honey more than usual, when I want to eat not sweet tastes, put in a little sugar and make the simple seasoning. Thus, I want to take over the recipe. Because French toast made by my grandmother is one of my precious.
How to make French toast
1. First, cut the crust. And cut the white bread in half. If you hard to eat, cut the white bread you can be easy to eat. For example, divide the white bread into 4 pieces and 6 pieces.
2. Second, mix the eggs, milk and sugar into the bowl. Then, you don’t into all ingredients first, you put first, eggs and milk after that you add the sugar to divide a few times you can be easy to cook.
3. Third, mixed the eggs, milk and sugar, you add the 0.3g of vanilla essence. When you add the vanilla essence, you put vanilla essence too much. Because the tastes became bitter. But, also add the too little is undesirable. Because vanilla essence is weak the heat. Therefore, too little, you cannot feel the flavor.
4. Next, add the cut the white bread and mixed eggs, milk and sugar. And soak cut the white bread in milk about 10minute. If you have time, soaked white bread It’s better put that in the fridge for a 30 minutes.
5. After that, you put the butter on a frying pan, if melted the butter, you add the soaked white bread and mixed eggs, milk and sugar. Then, bake well the cut a white bread until golden brown. When you bake soaked white bread from being to end low heat.
6. After, you throw in the cinnamon sugar, and more bake until baked color. cinnamon sugar is easy to burn. Therefore, you watch carefully and be careful not to overcooking.
7. Next, the cooked French toast in a plate and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, if desired.
8. Finally, you put on the vanilla ice cream and put honey on French toast. If you shape up the vanilla ice cream, done.
I wrote down taste topping of vanilla ice cream but, if you like other ice cream topping such as chocolate ice cream, matcha ice cream it's ok. And if you eat the French toast in the breakfast but you don't have the making time, the nighttime you soak the white bread at refrigerator until the morning. By doing it, the flavor soak in well, rich and soften. Next morning, you just bake the soaked wite bread.
French toast tastes are different for each country, area and home. That's way I want to try other recipes and I want you to try use my recipe.








Hello, Rino! Your recipi is a little different from the one I know so I'm interested in the recipi. I think putting ice cream on top is a great idea, so I'll try it too!
返信削除Hello, Rino. I did not know the origin of the name of French toast, so It is interesting. I will try your recipe!
返信削除Hi, Rino! The explanation was detailed and very easy to understand. I used to make French toast and it got burnt, so I wanted to make it again using this recipe as a reference.
返信削除